Editorial Note: We earn a commission on partner links on Forbes Advisor. Commissions do not affect the opinions or ratings of our editors.
The holidays can be a good time to look for VPN service deals. Some retailers are offering great discounts for Black Friday, including private internet access.
Virtual private networks (VPNs) can give you additional online security by masking and encrypting your data. This means that you will be protected from the prying eyes of your ISP, the police and even hackers.
The best VPNs go beyond just hiding your IP address; they also offer other security and convenience features, such as mobile apps.
Black Friday Offer Private Internet Access
Private Internet Access’s Black Friday deal means you’ll pay $ 2.03 per month for 39 months for its VPN service. That’s down from the regular starting price of $ 9.95 per month.
Learn more about Secure Website with Private Internet Access.
How private internet access works
Private Internet Access (PIA) is our first choice for VPN services. The service comes with the choice of over 30,000 servers worldwide as well as the ability to add a dedicated IP address at a low monthly rate. For this year’s holiday season, PIA takes 80% off and adds three free months of service when you sign up for a three-year plan. You actually get three years of service for just $ 79.
More exciting Black Friday deals to boost your business
- NordVPN plans start at $ 3.29 per month for 24 months. See the details
- Proton plans are up to 50% off, starting at $ 4 per month for 12 months. See the details
- ExpressVPN plans start at $ 8.32 per month for 12 months. Plus, get three additional months free. See the details
- AtlasVPN plans start at $ 1.39 per month for 36 months, plus an additional three months free. See the details
- CyberGhost plans start at $ 2.17 per month for 24 months. See the details
- SurfShark plans start at $ 2.21 per month for 24 months. Plus, get three additional months free. See the details
- Sign up for Nextiva and get a free phone, plus up to 25% off. Plans start at $ 18.95 per month. See the details
- Get a free phone when you sign up for Ooma. The options vary depending on the length of the contract. See the details
- Domain.com is offering 25% off all products, with an additional 30% off when using code FORBES30. See the details
- Get 70% off your first three months of Quickbooks, with plans starting at $ 4.80 per month. See the details
- Get 60% off your first six months of Freshbooks with plans starting at $ 6.00 per month. See the details
For more Black Friday deals, visit Forbes Advisor SMB.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
VPNs are legal in most countries. However, some countries like China have laws that prohibit the use of a VPN to bypass prohibited content. It should also be noted that in any country, doing anything illegal using a VPN is still illegal.
Can you get a VPN for free?
Yes. However, most free VPNs are limited in functionality compared to paid services. It is also possible that a free VPN provider will save your information and sell it to third parties instead of subscription revenue. Those who value their security will do well to turn to paid VPNs.