Canada: Blockchain Webinar Series | How do open source licenses affect your intellectual property rights? (Video)
To print this article, simply register or connect to Mondaq.com.
Open source software is seemingly everywhere and can help businesses generate value and run more efficiently – if used correctly. This on-demand webinar discusses the practicalities and pitfalls of open source software.
Join our panel as they discuss the nature of various open source licenses and the issues posed by particular prevalent licenses, open source “war stories” in the context of the closing of a merger and acquisition deal, and what happens in real life after the close during the post-deal integration. .
- Usman M. Sheikh – Partner and National Head – Blockchain & Smart Contract Group, Gowling WLG
- Viona Duncan – Partner and Co-Chair of Global Tech, Gowling WLG
- Roch Ripley – Partner and Head of Vancouver’s Intellectual Property Department Lesley Boveri – Software IP Counsel, SAP, Gowling WLG
- Lesley Boveri – Intellectual Property Advisor, SAP
This on-demand webinar is part of our Blockchain 2021 webinar series. Watch more from the series Â»
Download the presentation
* This program is eligible for up to 1 hour of substantive CPD credits with LSO, LSBC and Barreau du QuÃ©bec, and may be eligible for up to 1 hour of CPD / CLE credits in other jurisdictions . If you need a certificate, please contact Shannon Wadsworth.
Read the original article on GowlingWLG.com
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide on the subject. Specialist advice should be sought regarding your particular situation.
POPULAR ARTICLES ON: Canada’s Technology