Radar is now commonplace in the automotive market, and with the inbound push for improved safety through ADAS, it will experience significant growth over the next decade. In previous years, the performance potential of the radar was limited and its place in the automotive sensor suite was therefore sometimes questioned, for example by Tesla. However, the recent switch from SiGe BiCMOS technologies to Si-CMOS technologies allows for miraculous performance gains. Startups like Arbe, Metawave, and Oculii, among others, are pushing radar performance to the point where it can start to compete with LiDAR. Established automotive suppliers such as Continental, Bosch, Hella, NXP, Infineon and others are also adopting or considering switching to Si-CMOS technologies. This webinar reviews some key technology changes, vendor market share, and some key products offered.
Dr James Jeffs, Technology Analyst at IDTechEx, will discuss:
- Introduction to radar and its place in a suite of sensors
- Impact of COVID-19 and factors driving adoption
- Key supplier relationships
- Example of Tier 1, Tier 2, and Starter Products
- Technological trends at the service of performance
- Market sizing and analysis
This webinar covers some of the research from the IDTechEx report, “Automotive Radar 2022-2042”.