Fort Worth is known as the city; “where the west begins.” However, it is no longer a small Texan town in the Wild West – there is nearly a million inhabitants living in Fort Worth. Although you can still find vestiges of its past, such as the Log cabin villageFort Worth has grown into a modern and vibrant city with high speed internet available everywhere.
If you are moving to Fort Worth, Texas, or are ready to compare the best local ISPs, this review may come in handy. We’ve analyzed several of Fort Worth’s best internet providers to give you advice on which broadband service plans are best for you.
The three best internet providers in Fort Worth
|Definition trait||The fastest internet speeds||Best price||Ideal for no commitment|
|Download speeds (Mbps)||100 Mbps
|Price from||$ 50 per month||$ 27.99 per month||$ 49.99 per month|
|The duration of the contract||12 months||24months||Nothing|
|Data limit||1 TB or unlimited||Nothing||Nothing|
The fastest internet speeds
If you have multiple family members in your household who stream videos, shop online, and chat on the web at the same time, a high-speed internet connection is essential. Without it, your family may experience slow page loads and lag times while streaming music or movies. Fortunately, AT&T offers fiber optic internet service in Fort Worth so you can enjoy the fastest speeds in the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
- Price: AT&T Internet Fares in Fort Worth starting at $ 50 per month for download speeds of 100 or 300 Mbps. The fastest tier costs $ 70 per month.
- Speed â€‹â€‹and data: AT&T Fiber in Fort Worth is available at three speeds: 100 or 300 Mbps with a 1TB data limit, or download speeds of 1000 Mbps with no data cap.
- Packages / Packages: Fort Worth residents also have the option of bundling fiber optic internet and television for $ 79.99 per month the first year, although that price jumps to $ 121 per month in the second year.
- Contract options: AT&T Internet in Fort Worth requires a service contract of at least 12 months for Internet service. If you add TV to the package, the TV portion of the deal comes with a two-year longer deal.
See now at AT&T
Best internet price
Frontier Communications makes our list of the best Internet providers in Fort Worth for their low prices. Besides high speed internet, the company provides satellite television via Direct TV and telephone services. Frontier claims that its internet speeds are faster than those of cable internet providers because you won’t have to share the broadband connection with your neighbors – Frontier connects the internet directly to your home.
- Price: the Internet frontier price are lowest in our Internet Fort Worth review. Plans start at $ 27.99 per month for download speeds of 6 Mbps, which is sufficient for a small number of connected devices and light internet use. Upgrade to 25 Mbps for $ 34.99 or up to 115 Mbps from $ 44.99 per month.
- Speed â€‹â€‹and data: Frontier offers three speed options in Fort Worth: 6, 25, or 115 Mbps. As an added bonus, Frontier does not limit or limit the data on any of its Internet plans.
- Packages / Packages: Frontier currently offers three Internet packages to residents of Fort Worth. The first is a Double Play plan for $ 37.99 per month, which includes internet and a digital phone with unlimited calling nationwide. The Triple Play package adds over 250 Direct TV channels for $ 105.99 per month. For even more channels (over 340), you can choose the Triple Play package for $ 122.99.
- Contract options: Access to Frontier’s advantageous rates requires a 24-month commitment.
See now at Frontier Communications
Ideal without commitment
Spectrum may be the best choice if you prefer not to worry about the fine print. This Fort Worth ISP is not putting you in a long-term contract to access their Internet services. You will also not be limited by data caps or speed limits on your Internet plan.
- Price: Spectrum offers speeds of 200 Mbps for $ 49.99 per month to residents of the Fort Worth area. Spectrum also offers free access to hotspots across the country so you can connect your phone, tablet, or other devices to the network wherever you are.
- Speed â€‹â€‹and data: Speeds vary by zip code, but expect to surf somewhere in between 100 Mbps at 200 Mbps.
- Packages / Packages: Besides internet service, you can add Spectrum TV for live streaming of your favorite channels. Download the Spectrum TV app to enjoy your TV subscription anywhere.
- Contract options: Spectrum will not lock you into a contract, so you can enjoy your service for as long as you need it. Internet rates are guaranteed for one year but are subject to increase after the 12 month launch period.
See now on Charter Spectrum
How we found the best internet providers in Fort Worth
We analyzed a dozen companies to find the best Internet providers in Fort Worth. Some of the key features we’ve researched include:
- Blanket: The winners of our Fort Worth Internet Review provided good coverage of the area. We wanted to make sure that the plans we reviewed were accessible to as many readers as possible.
- Value. We’ve looked at the prices and features of many Fort Worth ISPs to compare speeds, data caps, available plans and length of contracts to decide which Fort Worth ISPs offer customers in the area the best. price-performance ratio.
- Client satisfaction. Customer experience is a big factor in determining winners. We looked at the satisfaction ratings of the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) and JD Power. Most Internet service providers do not score well in terms of customer satisfaction. Therefore, analyzing each internet provider individually and comparing it to industry averages gives a better idea of â€‹â€‹which broadband companies are most responsive to customer service issues.
Is 6 Mbps enough to play?
If you are the only device connected to your broadband router, 6 Mbps can be just enough to broadcast a game or video in high definition. For added security, you might want to upgrade to 25 Mbps or more to avoid lag times, especially if you want to connect more than one device.
How fast is the Internet service in Fort Worth?
Depending on the neighborhood, you will have access to speeds ranging from 6 Mbps to 1000 Mbps.
What is a data cap?
Many Internet providers limit the bandwidth you use to download large files, stream movies, listen to music, or video chat. Data cap limits are usually included in the fine print. Some internet providers may not have a data limit, but may slow down or limit your internet speed to limit the amount of data you use.